1.28.2009

Anatomy of a Drawing: Photo 1

I thought it might be kind of cool to post photos of a drawing I'm currently working on as I complete it. This will give me the chance to see what I do as I'm doing it from outside the moment, which could be helpful to me. I thought of it after I had begun a new drawing of Edison (I really need to get working on a subject other than him for my sketchbooks before this gets to be incredibly dull, but he's just so damn cute, I can't help myself. Besides, it's a good excuse to sit and draw every single day and look at my darling doggie a whole lot, too) so this first one is already a little more than just roughly sketched in. I spent about an hour and a half, maybe a bit longer, on his right ear (which isn't remotely finished) and his right eye (which is for the most part complete). Keep watching for more of this drawing to make a slow appearance depending on time-allowed for photographing and posting it.

No comments: