7.27.2010

Neekie Pete


Two portraits of Neekie Pete: the first one that I rejected as soon as I finished it and the second one, which I think is far better than its predecessor. I had the eyes just a bit wrong in my first go-round and it bothered me enough to start over from scratch, which really was a shame because the rest of him was a good likeness. Still, it's the eyes that matter, isn't it? This was a tough little drawing because the dog was laying down at an odd angle in his photograph but after nearly 30 hours of drawing the little guy, I think I at last got it right.

Face Portrait of Neekie Pete, graphite on paper, 2010

2 comments:

Connie Schwarz said...

beautiful! stunning! lovely! what beautiful babies! what beautiful souls! bless these babies!

what a wonderful artist you are! bravo!

Victoria said...

Thank you for your lovely words! I just checked out your blog and it's fabulous! Love the collages and who CAN'T love someone who promotes animal rescue too???