8.24.2010

Horses


I love horses, but then what girl doesn't love a beautiful horse? On my birthday a couple of weeks back we went for a walk past the horse farm up the road from our house and luckily the horses were all in one of the fields that allows easy access for those of us who are on the outside of the fence to get up close and personal with those residents living inside the fence. Without large brambles and masses of poison ivy we were able to get down and dirty with them, and boy did we. We fed them, we petted them and we took loads of smashing photos of dozens of horses doing all sorts of those horsey things that they do all day long. I wished I had had the time to sit and sketch them live that afternoon, but as that would have been a total downer for my companions to hang around and wait while I did it, I have instead made do with using a few of the many photos to sketch some lovely horses. Some of the drawings have been completed, some are still merely rough sketches.

Horse Head Study, graphite on paper, 2010
Sketch of Grazing Horse, graphite on paper, 2010

1 comment:

John Webb said...

The first image is lovely.

Far more interesting than a chair.

Probably very saleable too, if that's what you do.