4.09.2007

And Taking the Opposing Viewpoint

Some artists I'm glad I never met:

Mary Cassatt. Repetitive in a very boring way. I don't care how edgy she was considered by her contemporaries in regards to her perspectives and color palettes. I find her to be repetitious and, frankly, irritating as hell.

Gustav Klimt. Ugly people and blobs of gold on virtually every canvas.

Edvard Munch. The man's early work was delicate and lovely, but then all his subjects started to resemble not very well executed space aliens. Yuck.

Paul Gauguin. An arrogant man in his time and a tedious painter with minimal skill.

Georgia O'Keeffe. Enough with the big labial flowers and the steer skulls. This woman makes me go temporarily insane whenever I see her work.

I could fill an ocean with a list of the artists I'd rather not think about.

No comments: