5.06.2009

New French Easel



I'm so excited because the french style plein air easel I ordered last week arrived this morning. I desperately needed a new easel and while it was suggested I wait until my birthday as maybe the birthday elves would bring me one, I simply couldn't wait until then. Besides, my birthday is in August and the entire painting-on-site-from-life season will be virtually over by then.

I did a quick set up of it when I first took it out of the box, threw a work in progress on it to see how it felt to have an actual canvas on it, snapped a few quick pics of it, and then transformed it back into its fairly compact shape for easy carrying.

I'm quite pleased with it. The wood is lovely, it's very sturdy, it holds at its most open an enormous canvas for such a small travel easel, the two drawers are all metal lined and waterproof, it comes with a palette that fits nicely inside one of those drawers and most importantly of all, it makes me want to go outdoors right now and paint my ass off.

I can't wait to get out there with it.

1 comment:

The Clever Pup said...

Hey Victoria, I have that easel too. I really like your "William Morris"-style furniture too.