1.22.2011

Journal Collage

I've been keeping a journal in a teeny tiny pink moleskin book. Some pages contain writing over hastily-done watercolor paintings detailing whatever it was I did that day, and some have quickly executed little collages. If it takes me more than 10 minutes, it doesn't go in. I thought this might be a neat little experiment that falls somewhere between a proper diary style journal and a full-fledged art journal whose pages can take hours or even days to complete.

This little collage was done on a day when I was especially dizzy from a lingering vertigo-type virus I've been suffering from. It wasn't at all difficult to get a slightly blurry photo of myself as I couldn't have stopped gently swaying before the camera if I tried.

The Dizziest Winter on Record, mixed media collage (acrylic paint, crayon, magazine clippings, photograph, pitt pen, printed tape),
5 3/8 x 3 3/8, 2011

1 comment:

Vipera Kernewes said...

I am very impressed that you can knock up a page like this in less than 10 minutes!